USA offers the following two distinct career tracks:
- Non – Faculty / Professional positions: The managerial and administrative positions.
- Academic positions: Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Lecturer, Teaching/ Research Assistant
The recruitment process will vary depending on the position. Generally, if you do not hear from us within 2-8 weeks, the chances are that your application is not considered.We apologize that only short-listed candidates are contacted for further tests/interviews due to large volume of applications received.
If the position you applied for is listed on the USA HR website, it means that it is still open.
Once your application is in the system, it will be reviewed by the Human Resource Department. If you meet the minimum job requirements for the position, you will hear from the HR Department directly if they are interested in setting up an interview. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants. Only short-listed candidates are contacted for further tests/interviews.
Usually, a deadline for receiving applications and resumes is mentioned in the jobs posted at our HR website. If the job posting is marked as open, it means that we are continuing to receive resumes for the marked position until position is filled.
Your application materials will stay on file indefinitely. You may be contacted at a future date if vacancy exists.
We follow minimum experience, qualification and number of publications for Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Lecturer and TA/ RA as per HEC guidelines for Universities. You can review them on HEC website.
Visiting faculty is selected based on work experience, and is preferred normally only for courses where industry exposure enhances learning of students.
A comprehensive performance appraisal system exists in the University for the purpose of awarding increments. It involves feedback from students, peers, and supervisor. It is conducted once every year, in December. New employees are considered for it after 1 year of service.
The general teaching load of faculty is as below:
Professor: 9 credit hours
Associate Professor: 9-12 credit hours
Assistant Professor: 12 credit hours
Lecturer: 12-15 credit hours
All faculty members are expected to maintain their course files regularly and to ensure that latest research in their field is incorporated in classroom teaching. Faculty members must also supervise final year projects of bachelor students and thesis of master students. The head of department assigns these duties to faculty members as appropriate.
Each individual is expected to give 40 hours of service a week to the University to be considered as Full-Time Employee of the University.
The University has a biometric process of attendance. Attendance Is considered very important as it affects quality of teaching and support services to students. Full-time faculty members are expected to ensure highest levels of attendance, or else disciplinary action is taken.
Leave is earned by duty. It cannot be claimed as a matter of right even when due, and if the exigencies of duty so require, the leave can be refused, and/ if leave already been granted or being availed, the remaining portion of it can be revoked and employee can be recalled to join forthwith.
The university offers casual leave and medical leave. All casual leaves must be pre-approved by head of department and submitted to HR department. It is the duty of the individual to ensure classes missed are conducted at another scheduled time and that students are properly informed of the arrangements.
All faculty members are expected to maintain up-to-date course files. This is mandatory. A course file must include all relevant data which could become the basis of evaluation:
• Course outline • Lecture breakdown for entire semester lesson wise • Clear learning outcomes for the course • List of subjects taught, teaching notes, and sample of practical printouts • Schedule of evaluation: quizzes, graded assignments, mid-term, final examination, and project • Breakdown of laboratory experiments pertaining to the course and record of successful conduct (if applicable) • Sample of best, worst and average answer sheets along with the question paper of each exam, quiz and homework • Sample of quizzes • Listing of textbooks and other reference books pertaining to the course • Records of make-up classes for any unscheduled holiday • Details of office hours for tutoring etc. • Recommendations and suggestions related to the course for the next session
* Director – Minimum 10 years of experience
* Senior Manager – Minimum 7 years of experience
* Manager – Minimum 5 years of experience
* Assistant Manager – Minimum 2 years of experience
* Executive/ Officer – Fresh Bachelor Graduates
* Office Assistant
The individual must first report their grievance to their direct supervisor. They can also email HR department and contact HR personnel.
I.T. department sets the official email accounts for all the employees at the time of induction. All employees of the university must check their official email accounts at least once a day to ensure they remain abreast of what is happening across the university and of all official correspondence.
The management uses email as a means of direct communication with all staff.
Faculty and staff must be well groomed and presentable at all times as they are mentors to students and set standards of campus environment.
Men must wear ironed trousers and collared shirts with closed toe shoes. Casual dressing for teachers is not allowed at University of South Asia.
Women must wear clothes deemed appropriate in an academic environment.