Masters in Finance
The emerging global scenario necessitates the financial organizations to look for capable researchers in finance, competent of responding to the market needs who are ethical leaders, having the capacity to analyze the complex problems and make intelligent, cost-effective decisions. This is a unique program which emphasizes qualitative and empirical approach to deal with risk and return trade-off problems in financial and non-financial sectors of Pakistan. The main objective of the program is to enable participants to identify, evaluate and explain the financial decisions of the firms to maximize the value of the firms.
Objectives of the Program
The main objective of the program is to enable participations to identify, evaluate and explain the financial decisions of the firms to maximize the value of the firms. This program has been designed for participants who are interested to serve research organizations, investment companies or would join teaching profession in finance discipline.
- A semester is a sixteen weeks of continuous studies.
- As per HEC requirement, fifty minutes of class lecture or 100 minutes of supervised lab work done during sixteen weeks of a semester is called a credit hour.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) is a number that indicates a student’s average grade.
- Cumulative grade point average (CGPA) is the overall GPA earned by the student during the entire tenure of studies. Bachelors (Hons) students are required to obtain a CGPA of 2.0 to graduate.
- The total number of 40 to 42 courses with a total of 132 credit hours are required to complete a 4-year Bachelor degree program. Additionally, 6 to 12 credit hours of project work is required.
- Students have to repeat courses with lower GPA to reach a CGPA of 2.0.
- There are two exams conducted during each semester: mid-term and final-term.
- No supplementary tests are conducted. Students failing in a subject are required to repeat the entire course.
- Students found guilty of cheating are fined Rs. 10,000 and are required to repeat the course.
- Student can freeze their semesters by submitting an application to the Director of Student Affairs. A maximum of three semesters can be frozen.
- Students must report back within the given time failing which their admission will be cancelled.
- The fee to freeze a semester is Rs. 2,500.
- Fee deposited for a particular semester cannot be ‘carry-forward’ for another semester even if the student opts to use the freeze option.
Our MS Finance degree programs are designed in a manner that our students get maximum exposure of solving complex accounting and finance issues faced by companies during their academic life, hence, when they pass out their degrees then they can immediately be employed in reputed organziations. The mastery in accounting and finance is technical skill which is still a rare commodity. The degree earned at USA with dedication and hard work will increase employability prospects of our students.