Nutrition plays an integral part in public health. Challenges like, growing obesity, diet-related diseases, non-availability of clean drinking water, healthy food and inequalities in provision of health services have led to a growing demand for trained public health nutritionists. This program will give the students, specialist scientific knowledge and practical skills needed to meet the contemporary challenges. Training in statistics, epidemiology, research methods, nutritional assessment, health promotion and prevention will enhance their professional skills, employability and development as a public health professional.
This program intends to enable students to:
- Understand the role of nutrition in the etiology, prevention and management of community health issues.
- Be able to critically appraise food and nutrition policies, direct and indirect interventions implemented to address public health & nutrition concerns.
- Have ability to apply methods used for acquiring and interpreting nutritional, biological and epidemiological information.
- Have improved ability to analyze, synthesize and summarize information critically.
- Have improved ability to recognize the moral, ethical and social implications of scientific investigations and human interventions.
- To monitor trends and issues in the discipline of nutrition and translate this information into curriculum and training programs.
- To engage the Faculty members and Professionals in continued education and professional development programs by conducting workshops, conferences and seminars
student must study 38 Credit Hours (8 courses and 1 thesis). Some courses are compulsory to meet the requirement of your degree while others are optional to cater to student’s individual interest.
The following courses will be covered in this program of study.
|PHNRM-711||Research Methods I||3|
|PHNRM-713||Community Nutrition & Interventions||3|
|PHNRM-714||Nutrition Health Prevention||3|
|PHNRM-721||Research Methods II||3|
|PHNRM-722||Public Health Nutrition||3|
|PHNRM-723||Nutrition Education & Counseling||3|
|PHNRM-811||Human Resource Management||3|
|PHNRM-813||Evidence Based Practice||3|
- Public Health Nutritionists work in public and private settings as:
- Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Public Health Nutrition Consultants
- Community Nutritionist
- Nutrition Project Coordinator
- Health Officers
- Public Health Safety Officer
- Research & Academia
- International Organizations (U.N, NGO’s)