The University of South Asia prepares students to improve individual and population health through the study of foods, nutrients, dietary behaviors, health outcomes, and food and policy environments. This program is for the student’s community to provide them the latest techniques in the field of Diet & Nutritional Sciences worldwide. After completing this program, they can move further for Master & M.Phil in Diet & Nutritional Sciences or can work independents.
Student must study 38 Credit Hours (8 courses and 1 thesis). Some courses are compulsory to meet the requirement of your degree while others are optional to cater to student’s individual interest.
The following courses will be covered in this program of study.
|PHNRM-711||Research Methods I||3|
|PHNRM-713||Community Nutrition & Interventions||3|
|PHNRM-714||Nutrition Health Prevention||3|
|PHNRM-721||Research Methods II||3|
|PHNRM-722||Public Health Nutrition||3|
|PHNRM-723||Nutrition Education & Counseling||3|
|PHNRM-811||Human Resource Management||3|
|PHNRM-813||Evidence Based Practice||3|
For all programs in Health and Life Sciences
- Eligibility Criteria:
- 60% marks F.Sc. (Pre-medical)/A level or equivalent.
- A semester is a sixteen weeks of continuous studies.
- As per HEC requirement, fifty minutes of class lecture or 100 minutes of supervised lab work done during sixteen weeks of a semester is called a credit hour.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) is a number that indicates a student’s average grade.
- Cumulative grade point average (CGPA) is the overall GPA earned by the student during the entire tenure of studies. Bachelors (Hons) students are required to obtain a CGPA of 2.0 to graduate.
- The total number of 40 to 42 courses with a total of 132 credit hours are required to complete a 4-year Bachelor degree program. Additionally, 6 to 12 credit hours of project work is required.
- Students have to repeat courses with lower GPA to reach a CGPA of 2.0.
- There are two exams conducted during each semester: mid-term and final-term.
- No supplementary tests are conducted. Students failing in a subject are required to repeat the entire course.
- Students found guilty of cheating are fined Rs. 10,000 and are required to repeat the course.
- Student can freeze their semesters by submitting an application to the Director of Student Affairs. A maximum of three semesters can be frozen.
- Students must report back within the given time failing which their admission will be cancelled.
- The fee to freeze a semester is Rs. 2,500.
- Fee deposited for a particular semester cannot be ‘carry-forward’ for another semester even if the student opts to use the freeze option.
Doctor of Nutrition Sciences70,000700,000
|FACULTY OF LIFE & HEALTH SCIENCES|
|Undergraduate Programs||Semester Fee||Annual Fee||Total Fee|
|Doctor of Physiotherapy||80,000||160,000||800,000|
|BS in Food & Nutrition||60,000||120,000||480,000|
|MPhil Nutrition & Dietetics||70,000||140,000||280,000|
|MPhil philosophy in Public Health Nutrition||70,000||140,000||280,000|
1. Fee for the first semester is payable at the time of admission.
2. Fee for subsequent semesters is payable on first Saturday of December and May.
3. Separate per course fee is charged for Summer Semester that is payable at the time of enrolment.
4. Fee bills are distributed to students in classes and are also available at the accounts office. They can also be printed from the Student portal when the fee becomes due.
5. It is the responsibility of the student to submit the fees before the last date.
6. After due date fine will be charged for late payments
7. Students failing to clear the fee within two weeks past the due date will be denied entry into the campus.
8. Students will not to be allowed to sit in the exam if their dues are not clear
Clinical Nutritionists work in a wide spectrum of healthcare sector. Some major roles that they have in this sector include:
Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Clinical Nutritionist
- Food Researcher and Scientist
- Production Manager
- Quality Control Manager
- Quality Assurance Officer
- Fitness Consultant
- Marketing Nutritionist
- Nutrition Project Coordinator