The MS Computer Science is an intensive program which is intended for people who wish to broaden and deepen their understanding of Computer Science. USA provides a unique opportunity to develop leading edge in-depth knowledge of specific computer science disciplines and prepares students in the concepts and techniques related to the design, programming and application of computing systems. The program requires students to take a broad spectrum of courses, while simultaneously allowing for emphasis in desired areas of specialization.
student must study 30 Credit Hours (8 courses and 1 thesis). Some courses are compulsory to meet the requirement of your degree while others are optional to cater to student’s individual interest.
- Analysis and Design of Algorithms
- Computer Architecture
- Operating Systems
- Advance Software Development
- Theory of Computation
- Total: 15 Credits
Students appeared in Inter Part II or equivalent exams are eligible for admission in Bachelors, while students holding Bachelors are eligible for admission in Masters Programs.
For admission in Bachelor programs in Engineering, students must achieve minimum 60% marks in Intermediate (Pre-engineering) or equivalent examinations. There is a quota of 5% allocated for DAE students.
For admission in Bachelor programs in Health and Life Sciences, students must achieve minimum 60% marks in Intermediate (Pre-medical) or A level (Pre-Medical/Science).
For admission in Bachelor programs of Faculty of Computer Sciences, Management Sciences, Humanities, Law, Technology, and Art and Design, students must achieve minimum 50% marks in Intermediate or equivalent examinations.
Bachelor degrees are of four years duration with exception of Architecture, Doctor of Physiotherapy and few others that are of five years duration.
Masters degrees are of 1.5-2 year duration with 30-36 credit hours.
Student seeking admission in Masters program must have completed sixteen years of relevant education i.e. students seeking admission in MBA must hold BBA degree. It is to be noted that students with CGPA below 2.5 in undergraduate degree are not eligible for admission in Masters program.
Students with non-relevant 16-years degree must spend a year to complete prerequisite courses of respective Masters e.g. BSCS joining MBA must study 11 business courses.
Students holding 14 years Bachelors must spend 2 years to complete prerequisite of respective Masters e.g. BA joining MBA must study 22 business courses.
Students seeking admission in PhD program must have completed an MS/ MPhil degree with Thesis of 06 credit hours or its equivalent degree with thesis of 06 credit hours, in the relevant field from an accredited educational institution, with minimum CGPA of 3.0/ 4.0 in semester system, or 70% marks in annual system, with no third division (annual system) or D grade (semester system) throughout the academic career. GRE (subject) as per HEC policy or NTS GAT (subject) with minimum score of 60.
Selection of applicant shall be on merit, determined on the basis of marks of last exams, entry test and an interview.
University conducts its own admission tests. For Masters external entry tests like GMAT & GRE are also acceptable.
Applicants must apply for admission online at University website.
Applicants awaiting results are also eligible to apply for admission in certain programs.
Applicants bearing O & A-Level are required to submit their Equivalence Certificate.
Students must ensure that they meet admission criterion. All admissions are granted “Provisionally.” If at any time documents of students are found incorrect, all consequences are student’s responsibility.
University reserves the right to alter rules & fee any time without former intimation.
University has not authorized anyone for preparation of its Entrance Tests.
Dues once submitted are non-refundable unless specified on fee bill.
- A semester is a sixteen weeks of continuous studies.
- As per HEC requirement, fifty minutes of class lecture or 100 minutes of supervised lab work done during sixteen weeks of a semester is called a credit hour.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) is a number that indicates a student’s average grade.
- Cumulative grade point average (CGPA) is the overall GPA earned by the student during the entire tenure of studies. Bachelors (Hons) students are required to obtain a CGPA of 2.0 to graduate.
- The total number of 40 to 42 courses with a total of 132 credit hours are required to complete a 4-year Bachelor degree program. Additionally, 6 to 12 credit hours of project work is required.
- Students have to repeat courses with lower GPA to reach a CGPA of 2.0.
- There are two exams conducted during each semester: mid-term and final-term.
- No supplementary tests are conducted. Students failing in a subject are required to repeat the entire course.
- Students found guilty of cheating are fined Rs. 10,000 and are required to repeat the course.
- Student can freeze their semesters by submitting an application to the Director of Student Affairs. A maximum of three semesters can be frozen.
- Students must report back within the given time failing which their admission will be cancelled.
- The fee to freeze a semester is Rs. 2,500.
- Fee deposited for a particular semester cannot be ‘carry-forward’ for another semester even if the student opts to use the freeze option.
Fee & Expenses
|Four Year Engineering Programs
|Four Year other Programs
|Five Year Programs
1. Fee for the first semester is payable at the time of admission.
2. Fee for subsequent semesters is payable on first Saturday of June and December.
3. Fee is payable twice a year for students studying regular fall and winter semesters.
4. Separate fee is payable for summer classes at the time of enrollment.
5. Fee bills are available at the accounts office and can also be printed from this website when the fee becomes due.
6. It is the responsibility of the student to submit the dues before the last date. A fine of Rs. 50 per day is charged for late payments.
7. Students failing to clear the fee within two weeks past the due date will be denied entry into the campus.
Computing and information technology are the fastest growing occupations in the world. Students with a degree in computer science are qualified to pursue a career in a wide variety of computing careers, dealing with software development or system design and analysis. Software architects have been one of most heavily paid professionals in the recent years. Database administrators and Information systems security engineers are equally more likely to grab excellent career prospects.