Vision of EE department
The Department of Electrical Engineering exists to advance the profound societal impact of electrical engineering and to promote an effective learning environment that enables students to do the same.
Our vision includes:
- Embrace, Drive, and Appreciate Knowledge Exploration through Intellectual Freedom
- Be Innovative, Adventurous, Inspirational, and Entrepreneurial
- Build Open and Honest Relationships with a Commitment to Integrity and Professionalism
- Cultivate and Harvest the Power of Diversity in our Thoughts and Actions
- Deliver Transformational Impact through Service to our Students, Stakeholders and Society
Mission of EE Department
The program is formulated in a manner to prepare the electrical engineering students for a career with wide ranging opportunities in research, design, development, production, management and solutions related to the power, fast growing telecommunication, electronics, wireless and satellite industry.
Objectives and Goals of EE Department
To prepare the students:-
- To have the ability to use modern analysis and design techniques and have the laboratory skills to use
state-of-the- art equipment.
- To have the professional skills to function effectively in the work environment as well as in the community.
- To have a solid understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- To have a broad education in order to understand contemporary issues and the impacts of technology on society and the environment.
- To have the ability to engage in life-long learning and recognize its importance.
ROADMAP BACHELOR OF Electrical Engineering
Student must study 136 Credit Hour (42 courses and 1 Final Year Project). Some courses are compulsory to meet the requirement of your degree and are labelled as core course. Others are optional and are labelled as elective.
1. Linear Circuits Analysis
2. Workshop Practice
3. Applied Physics
4. Applied Calculus
5. Functional English
6. Islamic Studies / Ethics
(Non Muslims) or Pak Studies
1. Electronic Devices & Circuits
2. Basic Mechanical Engineering
3. Engineering Drawing & CAD
4. Differential Equations
5. Computer Programming
6. Linear Algebra
1. Electrical Network Analysis
2. Analog Electronics
3. Object Oriented Programming
4. Applied Thermodynamics
5. Complex Analysis & Transforms
6. Communication Skills – I
1.Digital Logic Design
2. Power Distribution & Utilization
3. Electro-Mechanical Systems
4. Numerical Analysis
5. Data Structures & Algorithms
1. Signals and Systems
2. Instrumentation and Measurements
3. Microprocessor Based Systems
4. Probability Methods for Engineers
5. Advance Communication & Interpersonal
1. Communication Systems
2. Linear Control Systems
3. Electromagnetic Field Theory
4. Engineering Economics
1. Senior Design Project I
2. Signal Processing
3. Engineering Project Management
4. Elective-II (Power System Analysis)
5. Elective-III (Power Distribution and Utilization)
1. Senior Design Project II
2. Professional Ethics & Values
3. Technical Writing
Students appeared in Inter Part II or equivalent exams are eligible for admission in Bachelors, while students holding Bachelors are eligible for admission in Masters Programs.
For admission in Bachelor programs in Engineering, students must achieve minimum 60% marks in Intermediate (Pre-engineering) or equivalent examinations. There is a quota of 5% allocated for DAE students.
For admission in Bachelor programs in Health and Life Sciences, students must achieve minimum 60% marks in Intermediate (Pre-medical) or A level (Pre-Medical/Science).
For admission in Bachelor programs of Faculty of Computer Sciences, Management Sciences, Humanities, Law, Technology, and Art and Design, students must achieve minimum 50% marks in Intermediate or equivalent examinations.
Bachelor degrees are of four years duration with exception of Architecture, Doctor of Physiotherapy and few others that are of five years duration.
Masters degrees are of 1.5-2 year duration with 30-36 credit hours.
Student seeking admission in Masters program must have completed sixteen years of relevant education i.e. students seeking admission in MBA must hold BBA degree. It is to be noted that students with CGPA below 2.5 in undergraduate degree are not eligible for admission in Masters program.
Students with non-relevant 16-years degree must spend a year to complete prerequisite courses of respective Masters e.g. BSCS joining MBA must study 11 business courses.
Students holding 14 years Bachelors must spend 2 years to complete prerequisite of respective Masters e.g. BA joining MBA must study 22 business courses.
Students seeking admission in PhD program must have completed an MS/ MPhil degree with Thesis of 06 credit hours or its equivalent degree with thesis of 06 credit hours, in the relevant field from an accredited educational institution, with minimum CGPA of 3.0/ 4.0 in semester system, or 70% marks in annual system, with no third division (annual system) or D grade (semester system) throughout the academic career. GRE (subject) as per HEC policy or NTS GAT (subject) with minimum score of 60.
Selection of applicant shall be on merit, determined on the basis of marks of last exams, entry test and an interview.
University conducts its own admission tests. For Masters external entry tests like GMAT & GRE are also acceptable.
Applicants must apply for admission online at University website.
Applicants awaiting results are also eligible to apply for admission in certain programs.
Applicants bearing O & A-Level are required to submit their Equivalence Certificate.
Students must ensure that they meet admission criterion. All admissions are granted “Provisionally.” If at any time documents of students are found incorrect, all consequences are student’s responsibility.
University reserves the right to alter rules & fee any time without former intimation.
University has not authorized anyone for preparation of its Entrance Tests.
Dues once submitted are non-refundable unless specified on fee bill.
- A semester is a sixteen weeks of continuous studies.
- As per HEC requirement, fifty minutes of class lecture or 100 minutes of supervised lab work done during sixteen weeks of a semester is called a credit hour.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) is a number that indicates a student’s average grade.
- Cumulative grade point average (CGPA) is the overall GPA earned by the student during the entire tenure of studies. Bachelors (Hons) students are required to obtain a CGPA of 2.0 to graduate.
- The total number of 40 to 42 courses with a total of 132 credit hours are required to complete a 4-year Bachelor degree program. Additionally, 6 to 12 credit hours of project work is required.
- Students have to repeat courses with lower GPA to reach a CGPA of 2.0.
- There are two exams conducted during each semester: mid-term and final-term.
- No supplementary tests are conducted. Students failing in a subject are required to repeat the entire course.
- Students found guilty of cheating are fined Rs. 10,000 and are required to repeat the course.
- Student can freeze their semesters by submitting an application to the Director of Student Affairs. A maximum of three semesters can be frozen.
- Students must report back within the given time failing which their admission will be cancelled.
- The fee to freeze a semester is Rs. 2,500.
- Fee deposited for a particular semester cannot be ‘carry-forward’ for another semester even if the student opts to use the freeze option.
USA Job Assurance Program
The internship program prepares the students for practical life. students gain in depth knowledge in their field of specialization. They understand their work from a 360 degree perspective.
University of South Asia assures a job to the students participating in the internship program. Scince the students are exposed to academically fulfilling study programs and the internship prepares them for professional works.
They are way ahead of their peers. When they graduate they are equipped with the Associate Degree , a Bechelors Degree and two years work experience, assuring the students that they will have multiple job offers by the time they graduate.
Students seeking to make a career at fast track are therefore encouraged to jion the internship program of the University.
USA Internship Program
Usa internship program is unique in Pakistan. Every student at USA is encouraged to jion practical work experiance togather with academic knowledge during their undergraduate studies.
University admits students in associate Degree Program that as per the HEC rules are equivalent to two year Bechelor Degrees. During the first two years, Students are encouraged to prepare themselves for internship Programs.
After the award of Associate Degrees, the students are referred to different organizations for gaining work experience. The placement office of the university plays a key role in finding job for these students.
The internship program helps the students in finalizing their future career path and set their career goals. The internship helps the students in determining the right career path and students develop a real sense of practical work environment.
After three months of internship, students are free to change their career path and chose the different specialization for the Bachelors Honors degree.
Placement for All
The mission of USA is to prepare a generation that is equipped with the knowledge good for future. USA therefore invites all the students studying in the chartered universities to attend the seminars on careers counseling in which they are made to develop resume writing and interview skills.
Students with academic deficiencies are offered training workshops and are prepared to perform at their jobs. These students are thereafter aggressively marketed by the placement office and jobs are provided to them together with employability skills.