Vision & Mission
The Civil Engineering Department will excel in undergraduate and graduate instruction, in research in all sub-areas of civil engineering, and in service to the public consistent with the mission of the university. The Department will make significant contributions to the economic development of the country, region and the world at large.
The mission of the Department of Civil Engineering is to provide quality education to prepare nationally competitive undergraduate students for a successful career in civil engineering; to provide advanced skills and knowledge in state-of-the-art research and design in sub-areas of civil engineering for graduate students; and to provide service to the university, engineering profession, and the public.
The following program educational objectives are consistent with the university, and department missions. Graduates of our B.Sc. in Civil Engineering program are expected within a few years of graduation to have:
- Established a mastery of fundamental knowledge, problem solving skills, engineering experimental abilities, and design capabilities for a civil engineering career and/or graduate school.
- Established the knowledge and skills necessary for identifying and assessing design alternatives and the related social, economic, environmental, and public safety impacts.
- Demonstrated their ability to deal effectively with ethical and professional issues, taking into account the broader societal implications of civil and environmental engineering.
- Obtained or made progress for obtaining professional licensure, assumed or made progress toward assuming leadership roles, and engaged in life-long learning.
Graduates of civil engineering program at University of South Asia will have
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Accredited Batches by Pakistan Engineering Council
Batches Applied for Accreditation Visitation by Pakistan Engineering Council